Thursday, August 27, 2009

My Favorite Meal in the World. (ok, well ONE of my favorite meals.)

ok, so I debated and debated about what my next recipe was going to be, and i finally decided that whatever i'm wanting at the moment i should blog about so this is it. my grandma used to make this for me and it's so simple, yet amazing! it is beef curry rice!

BEEF CURRY RICE!

1 lb. lean ground beef
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 small can mushroms, drained (optional)
1 tsp. curry powder
1 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
a splash of Sherry (optional)
2 cans beef broth
1 1/4 cups uncooked yellow saffron rice
16 oz. container of sour cream
paprika to sprinkle on top

Brown beef an add all ingredients except for sour cream and paprika. Pour into large 13x9 casserole dish. Cover with foil and cook in the oven at 350 for 1 hour.

Remove from oven and cover top with sour cream. Sprinkle with paprika if so desired.

And that is is! so freaking easy! and delicious. the original recipe calls for just plain white rice, but my mom would make it for me with the saffron rice an it just gives it so much more flavor! I always get the mahatma saffron rice in the little packets. so convenient. this is what it looks like.



so there it is! let me know how you all like it!

-j. <3.

No comments:

Post a Comment